Finance Admin Support Manager
Samrakshak Samuha Nepal (SASANE) is a non-profit organization, registered in District Administration Office, Kathmandu on March 2008 with the mission to end the physical and sexual exploitation of women and girls, ensure their legal rights, and empower them to live free and dignified lives by increasing their access to justice.
FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION SUPPORT MANAGER
Basic Job Information
Job Category : General Mgmt. / Administration / Operations
Job Level : Mid-Level
No. of Vacancy/s : 
Employment Type : Full Time, Contract
Job Location : Kathmandu, with field visits 50%
Offered Salary : Negotiable
Apply Before (Deadline) : April 20, 2021 23:55
Starting Date: 1st May, 2021
Duration: 6 Months with possibility of extension
Finance and Accounting:
- Work with the SASANE team lead on budget planning.
- Accurately monitor and record budget spend and ensure managers are informed about spend against agreed budgets.
- Work with supplier organizations to ensure the invoicing process is followed and all invoices accurately bill for work carried out.
- Process invoices using the Policy of the organization.
- In liaison with the Director of SASANE in Kathmandu, manages all key financial transactions at the central and branch organizational level.
- Holds regular meeting with the Project Manager and Director and report on finance and administrative matters as needed and all aspects of financial procedures and any related issues.
- Records expenditures, income, and any other related transactions, in the books of accounts.
- Prepares payment vouchers and corresponding checks.
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliations.
- Checks petty cash payments and periodically reconciles petty cash balances.
- Ensures that the books of accounts are up to date at all times, orderly, well kept, and readily available for reference and audit, when required.
- Prepares the monthly project specific budget utilization in accordance in relevance to organizational procedures and policies.
- Prepares monthly cash requests, and promptly advises action required to cover estimated costs.
- Review the advance settlement and payments documents to ensure that the documents are in compliance with SASANE’s rules and regulation and make the payment
- Review the travel expenses report of Staff, Partners and Government staff and make the payment
- Prepare contracts, and other relevant organizational documents as and when required and ensure verification and approval from the Director
- Verify stock book, cross-check the goods received and track good consumption.
- Liaise with colleagues, finance business partners and donors where necessary.
- Visit branch office for monitoring if necessary
- Ensures day to day administrative running of the office.
- Involvement in preparation of payroll and other regular payments with due consideration to deductions (for advances, loans, taxes, etc).
- Ensures that government taxes are paid on time.
- Ensure that periodic entry of TAX is done after collection of TAX invoices from all the concerned vendors, get files ready for sending to Tax Office and make clearance.
- Ensures that periodic inventory of the fixed assets (property) of the organization is conducted.
- Assists the project in the implementation of the internal control system and financial procedures manual of the organization.
- Provide support in program activities, meeting, seminar, workshop, booking venue, preparation material and logistics support
- Other Official works assigned by the Project Manager and Executive Director
- Confident working in a Finance and Business Support role.
- Demonstrate a high level of skill and adaptability including the ability to flex their approach to the context and requirements of the role;
- Be highly numerate and confident handling financial information;
- Be highly organized with attention to detail;
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills including confidence in presentation to wider audiences.
- Be confident engaging positively and constructively with a wide network of internal stakeholders, negotiating and exercising influence at senior levels;
- Possess a good working knowledge of Office tools including Excel.
- Effective analytic skills and an interest in data.
Qualification requirements include the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Management, Business, or other relevant fields.
- At least five (5) years of professional experience in Accounting and Program Financial Management.
- Experience working at international development programs, with experience at USAID-funded programs highly desirable.
- Experience in payroll management, petty cash management, financial reporting, and budget tracking.
- Experience in inventory management is desirable.
- A self-starter that is able to perform under pressure is preferred.
- A strong command of financial and other computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, SMART Software, Tally, etc.
- English language capability.
Safeguarding & Ethics
SASANE is an organization working with the survivors, hence any individual coming in contact through our work is expected to treat all staff and beneficiaries with respect and maintain confidentiality. SASANE’s Code of Conduct should be filled mandatorily upon hire on an annual basis.
Interested Candidates are requested to apply with a CV, a short cover letter and contact information of two references at [email protected] or inquire at 01-4517013.
Status: Urgently Required